Moving Is Hard. We Wants To Help Make Moving Easier.
Approximately one month before your move:
- Schedule disconnection of all utilities at your old home and begin set up for your new home. Have you registered for MyArchstone.com yet? Use our exclusive resident website to set up your new utilities all at once!
- Complete an official Post Office Change of Address to make sure you don’t miss any important mail! You can do that here: http://moversguide.usps.com/
- Share your new address with: your bank, credit card companies, HR Dept. at work, doctors and vets. Remember, third-class mail (magazines and catalogs) isn't forwarded, so contact those subscriptions directly!
- Start packing…beginning with things you use infrequently, and keep a box set aside for each household member labeled “LAST.” Fill this box with important items you’ll want to keep with you. And don’t forget items for your pets!
- Color coordinate. When packing, designate a color for each room in the new home, such as yellow for the kitchen, orange for dining room, etc. Apply colored stickers matching each room on the box to assist with unpacking.